seed provides at-home or on-site tutoring and academic support for all learners
Students are coached and mentored toward their learning goals via this general process:
A. INITIAL ASSESSMENT:
- At-home meeting to connect with parent(s)/guardian(s) and student(s)
- Discussion of needs, strengths, and goals
- Basic skills assessments & subject-specific assessments depending on the area of need
- Development of a customized learning plan
B. IMPLEMENTATION OF LEARNING PLAN:
- Scheduled sessions work according to the plan outlined as a result of the initial assessment
- Scheduled sessions are flexible in nature and always take into account the current learning requirements of the student (upcoming tests, exams, assignments, homework, sports events)
- Regular communication with parents about the actions and results of each session
C. REVIEW OF LEARNING PLAN:
- The learning plan is regularly reviewed and adjusted according to student development and the needs of every day life.
SEED’s Learning Coach communicates regularly with the parents of each student. Communication with school teachers can also be arranged if a larger team effort is required.
SKYPE sessions are available for long-distance support or in case of inclement weather.
Please contact us for more details.